The Chicago Blackhawks finally fell in regulation. In fact, they have lost two straight games. Alarms are not going off just yet, since Chicago is still the best team in the NHL. A two game losing streak does not constitute panic, nor is it a sign that the team is falling apart. It shows that every team goes on streaks, both winning and losing.
While teams like Anaheim and Pittsburgh start pushing their way towards the top, they still have not reached the pinnacle of the NHL. Anaheim is closing in on the Blackhawks, and Pittsburgh has established themselves as one of the best in the East.
FanSided Radio NHL Power Rankings:
1) Chicago Blackhawks Last Week 1 (-)
2) Anaheim Ducks Last Week 2 (-)
3) Pittsburgh Penguins Last Week 5 (+2)
4) Montreal Canadians Last Week 3 (-1)
5) Boston Bruins Last Week 4 (-1)
6) Los Angeles Kings Last Week 8 (+2)
7) Ottawa Senators Last Week 6 (-1)
8) Carolina Hurricanes Last Week 9 (+1)
9) Vancouver Canucks Last Week 7 (-2)
10) St. Louis Blues Last Week NR